Thursday 7 February 2019

It Really Is Five Horsepower

“There goes one of the new five horsepower jobs,” says the narrator in Tex Avery’s Field and Scream (released in 1955). Then comes the visual pun. Gag over. The whole scene lasts only five seconds.



The cartoon was re-released in 1960.

This may be my favourite Avery spot-gag cartoon at MGM. I’ve posted on it before but not all posts are coming up either in search engines or even the search mode on my Blogger posting page. You can see more about the cartoon in these posts. I’m sure I’ve posted the mother-in-law gag but I can’t find it.

Ed Looks at Us
Homer Death
Backgrounds
Ducks
Forest of Eds
Bailing Duck
Trout Cooks Breakfast

1 comment:

  1. I don't recall you ever doing the full mother-in-law gag. The closest i can remember was the first link. I thought you did, you covered the rest.

    ReplyDelete