Tuesday 24 September 2024

How To Get Into a House

A hungry hobo cat wants to sneak into a house to get at a fridge he thinks is bulging with food in King-Size Canary.

He can’t quite reach the window.



Well, that’s easy. Just stack some conveniently-placed nearby boxes on top of each other and climb in.



Hmm. Still can’t reach it. Since this is a Tex Avery cartoon, anything can happen—like ignoring the law of gravity.



The repealed law having done its job, gravity returns. Even before the cat has finished hoisting itself through the window.



Bob Bentley, Ray Abrams and Walt Clinton are the credited animators in this one, with Johnny Johnsen providing the backgrounds. This is one of those gags I am certain was used in another cartoon (I don’t mean Bugs “I never studied law” line, I mean one with climbing on boxes) but I can’t remember which one. Someone out there will know.

Bob Bentley, Ray Abrams and Walt Clinton are the credited animators in this one (the Tex Avery unit would soon go through some changes), with Johnny Johnsen getting no screen credit for the backgrounds. The title character is played by Sara Berner (who has one line), the cat is (I think) Pinto Colvig and Frank Graham gives the mouse a voice.

1 comment:

  1. Ray Abram’s is another well known names in my father’s repertoire of names. Love reading your blog Don. M. Givens

    ReplyDelete