At one point, Daffy tricks camper Porky into blowing up his tent, lawn chair and even trees into the sky. After a bit of time, the law of gravity enforces itself and Porky falls to the ground.
Porky is all burned up about it. Literally. After spontaneous combustion, the smoke and ashes remaining re-form into the pig.










This is an excellent cartoon, with interesting layouts by John McGrew, attractive backgrounds by Gene Fleury (neither credited) and clever gags by Mike Maltese, including a fourth wall at the end. Rudy Larriva is the credited animator.
If I was given a choice between watching this cartoon and Jones’ and Maltese’s Robin Hood Daffy (1957), I know which one I’d pick.
“ If I was given a choice between watching this cartoon and Jones’ and Maltese’s Robin Hood Daffy (1957), I know which one I’d pick.”
ReplyDeleteHuh? You don’t care for Robin Hood Daffy? I mean I also like My Favorite Duck but still…
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Yowp said he didn't like Robin Hood Daffy. He merely stated that he prefers My Favorite Duck and I feel the same way. My favorite Jones era is 1942 to 1955.
Delete